I'm running out of steam.
These last pictures aren't going to get the post they deserve.
I'm pooped now. Going to go to bed but want these posted
so I don't forget them.
My dad's parents. Hardy Pinedale people. The picture below is a much better
picture of my grandfather. I think he was an honest hard working man. Granny was a
small woman so I'm thinking he wasn't that tall. My dad never told us stories about
them. I never knew grandpa Brewer. He had died years before. Granny died when I was 16-17. She
had dementia and I was a rotten teenager and had a hard time with that.
I wish I had been better to her those years.
Close to a family portrait. Probably 1958 - 1959. Where's Randy?
Pretty picture of my mom in the 60's. That was one heck of a wig.
Mom with three of her sisters. I know the left is Aunt Martha and I think the two on the right are
Aunt Liv and Aunt Alice. I'm guessing about Aunt Alice. This was the mid 70's.
4th of July 1971 We were watching the parade in Show Low. Left to right. Daryl Holliday, Jeff, me holding my niece, Kimber, Evelyn Ramsey, and Gibby Cook, who is my sister in law, Tammy's brother.. I would be leaving home in a month. These people are part of life as I had always known it. Evelyn married the next summer. Jeff and Daryl, and Gibby finished two more years of high school. I married David 4 1/2 years later. Gibby died in a heavy machinery accident shortly after my wedding. Daryl married his high school sweetheart, divorced and married again and divorced.
Jeff originally went to Gibby's house to get Gibby but after a while he went to see Gibby's sister. Jeff married Tammy about 6 months after David and I married. Not one of us is like the other but all are people I love.






No comments:
Post a Comment